Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, 25 March 2016
Today's Energy News - March 24, 2016
The Rockefeller Family Fund said on Wednesday it would divest from fossil fuels as quickly as possible and “eliminate holdings” of Exxon Mobil Corp, saying the oil company associated with the family fortune has misled the public about climate change risks. Though only a sliver of the endowment’s modest $130 million in assets is invested in fossil fuels, the move is notable because a century ago John D. Rockefeller Sr. made a fortune running Standard Oil, a precursor to Exxon Mobil. The charity said it would also divest from coal and Canadian oil sands. Given the threat posed to the survival of human and natural ecosystems, “there is no sane rationale for companies to continue to explore for new sources of hydrocarbons,” the Rockefeller Family Fund said...
About 600 people packed on to the Machinery Auctioneers lot on the outskirts of San Antonio, Texas, last week to pick up some of the pieces shaken loose by the oil crash. Trucks, trailers, earth movers and other machines used in the nearby Eagle Ford shale formation were sold at rock-bottom prices. One lucky bargain hunter was able to pick up a flatbed truck for moving drilling rigs — worth about $400,000 new — for just $65,000. Since the decline in oil prices began in mid-2014, activity in the Eagle Ford, one of the heartlands of the shale revolution, has slowed sharply. The number of rigs drilling for oil has dropped from a peak of 214 to 37, and businesses, from small “mom and pop” service providers to venture capital companies, are trying to offload unused equipment...
International Monetary Fund researchers said the benefits from cheap oil may not materialize until demand in the global economy picks up and central banks in advanced nations move away from near-zero interest rates. Despite a significant drop in oil prices since June 2014, economists are still looking for the positive effects of cheaper oil. While the main reason why prices have fallen has been an increase in global supplies, a new IMF report shows that domestic demand has been weaker than forecast in oil-exporting countries last year, while falling short of expectations in oil importers such as the U.S. and Europe. Researchers argued that in an environment where oil prices are low and central banks cannot reduce policy interest rates further, “the decline in inflation owing to lower production costs raises the real rate of interest,” making it more expensive to borrow and stifling demand, the paper said. Conversely,...
A construction conglomerate at the center of Saudi Arabia’s petrodollar-fueled economic boom is teetering under billions of dollars of debt, bankers and financial advisers familiar with the matter said, showing the strain of cheap oil on the kingdom and its companies. The Saudi Binladin Group was once among the biggest beneficiaries of Saudi Arabia’s massive spending at home, paid for by the kingdom’s growing oil wealth. But in the…
Oil prices fell in Asian trading on Thursday, adding to a slump in the previous session, after U.S. stockpiles rose for the sixth week to another record, sapping the strength of a two-month rally in prices. U.S. crude futures CLc1 were down 55 cents at $39.24 a barrel at 0757 GMT, trading further below the important $40 level. It closed down $1.66, or 4 percent, at $39.79 a barrel on Wednesday. That marked the sharpest one-day drop for the front-month contract in U.S. crude since Feb. 11. Brent crude futures LCOc1 were down 36 cents at $40.11 a barrel. They finished the last session down $1.32, or 3.2 percent, at $40.47 a barrel. Earlier this week, both benchmarks had risen by more than 50 percent from multi-year lows that ...
Posted by Unknown at 06:01
- Today's ENERGY News -March 31, 2016
- 2015 Sets Record for Renewables Investment
- Today's ENERGY News - March 30, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - March 29, 2016
- Peak Oil Today - March 28, 2016
- Today's ENERGY News - March 28, 2016
- OIL Prices Retrace on Slower GDP
- Сегодняшние энергия Новости
- Today's ENERGY News - March 25, 2016
- How Much Demand Deconstruction From EVs?
- Today's Energy News - March 24, 2016
- EYE on the World - Earth, Spiders, Rockefellers, B...
- Today's Energy News - March 23, 2016
- EYE on the World - The Warm, the Good, the Bulls a...
- "Peak Oil Today" - March 21, 2016
- EYE on the World: Soon, NO WINTERS in Alaska?
- Глаз на Земле не в ближайшее время не зима в Аля...
- Saudi Aramco, Shell Marriage - Parting is Such Swe...
- US Shale Producer Faces Biggest $10 Billion Bankr...
- EYE on the World - Hotter Days Sparking Not Just ...
- "Peak Oil Today" - March 14, 2016
- EYE на мир - что неделя , Китай, Гонконг , облигац...
- Scientists' Call for Higher Oil Taxes, Reducing Po...
- EYE on the World - WHAT a Week! China, Hong Kong, ...
- BIG OIL - Is There a Future?
- Falling Rig Counts, Means Higher #OIL Prices Later...
- "Peak Oil Today" - March 7 ,2016
- Globalization Destroys American Middle Class
- Северная Корея войны сигналы погремушки Запад
- ** NEW ** " Пик нефти Сегодня " ** NEW **
- Peak Oil Today - 29 Feb 2016
- АКЦИИ CRASH - Паника поглотит #China
- UK #PeakOil - UK North Sea Continues Production Sl...
- ▼ March (33)
- ► 2015 (38)